Weber State women's tennis took on Sacramento State, Saturday afternoon and fell 4-1.
The Wildcat duo of Tereza Pilzova and Caitlin Herb started the Wildcats off with a win in the doubles competition. They defeated Andie Mouzes and Louisa Brunetti 6-3 in the No. 1 spot. Sac State then went on to claim the wins in the No. 2 and No. 3 dobules spots.
In sinlges competition, Devi Hasan picked up the lone point for the Wildcats taking down Brunetti 6-4, 6-0 in the No. 6 spot.
The Wildcats now drop to 1-10 overall on the season and 1-2 in Big Sky Conference play. THe Wildcats will next take on the University of Utah before hitting the road to Idaho State.
Sacramento State 4, Weber State 1
1. LOAIZA ESQUIVIAS, A. (SAC) def. HERB, Caitlin (WSU) 6-4, 6-1
2. MOUZES, Andie (SAC) vs. PILZOVA, Tereza (WSU) 6-4, 3-6, 3-2, unfinished
3. CHERNYETSKY, C. (SAC) vs. BEAUVAIS, Dominique (WSU) 2-6, 6-1, 5-2, unfinished
4. WICKER, Sofia (SAC) def. DICKASON, Morgan (WSU) 6-3, 6-1
5. GULNOVA, Sofia (SAC) def. PARKER, Sara (WSU) 6-2, 6-2
6. HASAN, Devi (WSU) def. BRUNETTI, Louisa (SAC) 6-4, 6-0
1. PILZOVA, Tereza/HERB, Caitlin (WSU) def. MOUZES, Andie/BRUNETTI, Louisa (SAC) 6-3
2. LOAIZA ESQUIVIAS, A./GULNOVA, Sofia (SAC) def. DICKASON, Morgan/PARKER, Sara (WSU) 6-4
3. WICKER, Sofia/CHERNYETSKY, C. (SAC) def. BEAUVAIS, Dominique/HASAN, Devi (WSU) 6-3
Weber State 1-10, 1-2 BSC
Sacramento State 5-9, 3-2 BSC
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2,3); Singles (5,1,6,4)