OGDEN - Weber State men's tennis team took on the University of Idaho Saturday afternoon and fell in a close match with the final outcome 4-3.
Weber State's efforts gave them the doubles point advantage going into the singles competition but unfortunaetly it didn't waive in WSU's favor.
In singles compeition, Idaho picked up a quick win in the No. 5 spot. Chen was the first to pick up a win for the Wildcats taking down Santibanez 6-2, 6-3 in the No. 4 spot.
In the No. 3 spot van Wyk dfeated Carlos Neto Longhi 7-5, 6-7 (12-10) but Idaho then proceeded to pick up wins in the No. 2, No. 6, and No. 1 spots pushing them to the 4-3 clinch over Weber State.
Weber State is now 5-6 overall on the season and 1-2 in Big Sky Conference play. Weber State will hit the road to Southern Utah and Northern Arizona this weekend for a pair of Big Sky matchups.
Idaho 4, Weber State 3
1. Kovacs, Mark (UI) def. YIN, Shao-Po (Jack) (WSU) 6-2, 7-5
2. Fonseca, Felipe (UI) def. COOPER, Stefan (WSU) 6-4, 6-3
3. VAN WYK, Kris (WSU) def. Longhi Neto, Carlos (UI) 7-5, 6-7, 12-10
4. CHEN, Hou-En (Eddie) (WSU) def. Santibanez, Estaban (UI) 6-2, 6-3
5. Coutinho,Lucas (UI) def. VAN SCHOOR, Michiel (WSU) 6-2, 6-2
6. Scarpelli, Guilherme (UI) def. WALKUSZ, Cezary (WSU) 6-4, 6-2
1. Longhi Neto, Carlos/Kovacs, Mark (UI) def. COOPER, Stefan/YIN, Shao-Po (Jack) (WSU) 7-6
2. VAN WYK, Kris/VAN SCHOOR, Michiel (WSU) def. Santibanez, Estaban/Coutinho,Lucas (UI) 7-6
3. CHEN, Hou-En (Eddie)/WALKUSZ, Cezary (WSU) def. Scarpelli, Guilherme/Fonseca, Felipe (UI) 6-3
Order of Finish:
Doubles (3, 2, 1)
Singles (5, 4, 2, 6, 1, 3)