SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- The Weber State women's tennis team dropped to 5-7 on the season overall and to 0-3 in Big Sky play on Saturday following a 7-0 loss to Sacramento State.
The Wildcats ran into a buzzsaw with the Hornets, who cruised through doubles play, winning at No. 1 and 2 by 8-2 scores and shutting out WSU in the No. 3 match 8-0.
In singles play, things did not get any easier for Weber State, as Sacramento State took all six matches in straight sets.
Sacramento State 7, Weber State 0
Mar 15, 2014 at Sacramento, Calif. (Rio Del Oro RC)
1. NGUYEN, Jennifer (SAC) def. BACHANEK, Agata (WSU) 6-2, 6-3
2. SAVCHENKO, Daria (SAC) def. ELMER, Kristi (WSU) 6-3, 6-1
3. SOLTANICI, Alina (SAC) def. TANNER, Ashley (WSU) 6-1, 6-1
4. LOHSCHEIDT, Sophie (SAC) def. KURER, Thais (WSU) 6-1, 7-5
5. KNOEBL, Katharina (SAC) def. PHONHARATH, Nittaya (WSU) 6-1, 6-0
6. BOIJA, Olivia (SAC) def. WARWICK, Michelle (WSU) 6-1, 6-3
1. BOIJA, Olivia/LOHSCHEIDT, Sophie (SAC) def. BACHANEK, Agata/ELMER, Kristi (WSU) 8-2
2. NGUYEN, Jennifer/SAVCHENKO, Daria (SAC) def. KURER, Thais/PHONHARATH, Nittaya (WSU) 8-2
3. KNOEBL, Katharina/SOLTANICI, Alina (SAC) def. TANNER, Ashley/WARWICK, Michelle (WSU) 8-0
Weber State 5-7, 0-3 BSC
Sacramento State 3-7, 2-0 BSC
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1,2); Singles (3,5,6,4,1,2)