OGDEN, Utah -- The Weber State men's tennis team dropped a 5-2 decision to a tough University of San Francisco squad on Saturday at the Ogden Athletic Club.
In singles play, Oliver Good and Caio Poitena earned points for the Wildcats. Poitena put the Wildcats on the board to tie the match at 1-1 as he defeated Rich Van Hout 6-3, 6-3. Good closed the match out, winning a three-set battle with William Schumacher 3-6, 6-1, 7-5.
Fought player a very fine match in the No. 2 singles spot, but eventually fell 6-4, 7-5 to Bernardo Saraiva, who remains undefeated on the season in singles for the Dons.
San Francisco 5, Weber State 2
Mar 23, 2013 at Ogden, UT (Ogden Athletic Club)
1. Thai Tu (USF) def. GEWERT, Jakub (WSU) 6-0, 6-2
2. Bernardo Saraiva (USF) def. FOUGHT, Todd (WSU) 6-4, 7-5
3. GOOD, Oliver (WSU) def. William Schumacher (USF) 3-6, 6-1, 7-5
4. POITENA, Caio (WSU) def. Rich Van Hout (USF) 6-3, 6-3
5. Nils Skajaa (USF) def. GOSWAMI, Sanjay (WSU) 6-1, 3-6, 6-3
6. Richard Bucalem (USF) def. GARNER, Ryan (WSU) 6-4, 6-2
1. Bernardo Saraiva/Nils Skajaa (USF) def. GOOD, Oliver/POITENA, Caio (WSU) 8-4
2. FOUGHT, Todd/GOSWAMI, Sanjay (WSU) def. Jonathon Knowlman/Richard Bucalem (USF) 8-4
3. Thai Tu/Germain Bahri (USF) def. GEWERT, Jakub/GARNER, Ryan (WSU) 8-4
San Francisco 6-4
Weber State 4-9