Weber State women’s tennis ended the regular season with a 6-1 loss to Northern Arizona Saturday afternoon.
“Well done to NAU, they are a solid team and have had a great year,” said assistant coach Mark Roberts. “We had some good close matches today, and Morgan played a solid match to get her win. Depending on the other conference results this weekend, we hope to get into postseason play next week. It’s going to be close and come down to the final matches played, we will wait and see.”
The only Wildcat to pick up a victory on the day was Morgan Dickason. Dickason defeated Hailey Rochin in the No. 5 spot. She picked up a win 6-2 win in the first set but fell 5-7 in the second. With the match already decided to NAU, they played a tie breaker where Dickason came out with a 10-6 win. This was Dickason’s fourth consecutive singles win.
Weber State has ended the regular season with a 4-16 overall record and a 4-7 record in Big Sky play.
Northern Arizona 6, Weber State 1
1. Hanneke Lodewijks (NAU) def. PILZOVA, Tereza (WSU) 6-0, 6-1
2. Chiara Tomasetti (NAU) def. HERB, Caitlin (WSU) 6-2, 3-6, 10-8
3. Blanka Szavay (NAU) def. BEAUVAIS, Dominique (WSU) 6-0, 6-2
4. Brandy Walker (NAU) def. PARKER, Sara (WSU) 6-1, 2-6, 10-2
5. DICKASON, Morgan (WSU) def. Hailey Rochin (NAU) 6-2, 5-7, 10-6
6. Eirene Granville (NAU) def. HASAN, Devi (WSU) 6-1, 6-1
1. Blanka Szavay/Chiara Tomasetti (NAU) def. HERB, Caitlin/PARKER, Sara (WSU) 6-4
2. Brandy Walker/Hanneke Lodewijks (NAU) def. BEAUVAIS, Dominique/PILZOVA, Tereza (WSU) 6-2
3. Marta Lewandowska/Hailey Rochin (NAU) def. DICKASON, Morgan/HASAN, Devi (WSU) 6-3
Weber State 3-16, 3-7
Northern Arizona 17-4, 11-0
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3,1); Singles (1,3,6,4,2,5)