OGDEN – Weber State women’s team is in it’s final home matches of the weekend and unfortunately started it off with a 6-1 loss to Idaho Saturday morning.
“Idaho is a solid team and they compete very well,” said assistant coach Mark Roberts. “We played better doubles today so that was good and we look forward to building on that tomorrow against Eastern Washington. The girls are playing some good points, we just have to keep trying to make the good points more consistent. We have another opportunity against Eastern Washington tomorrow, so we get to try it again.”
Idaho started the match off by claiming the doubles point and captured wins in all but one of the singles competitions giving them they’re total of six points.
The lone Wildcat point came from Morgan Dickason in the No. 5 spot. She took on Watabe and after losing the first set 3-6, she came up big with a 6-3 victory in the second set. Dickason also finished strong with a 10-5 win in the tiebreaker.
Weber State is now 2-15 overall on the season and 2-6 in Big Sky Conference play. The Wildcats will take on Eastern Washington tomorrow in the final home match of the season before finishing things up on the road to Southern Utah and Northern Arizona.
Idaho 6, Weber State 1
1. PETERI, Marianna (IDAHO) def. PILZOVA, Tereza (WSU) 6-2, 6-1
2. BRZOZOWSKA, Jessica (IDAHO) def. HERB, Caitlin (WSU) 6-4, 6-1
3. BADILLOS, Lucia (IDAHO) def. BEAUVAIS, Dominique (WSU) 6-3, 6-2
4. TAVARES, Maria (IDAHO) def. PARKER, Sara (WSU) 6-2, 6-2
5. DICKASON, Morgan (WSU) def. WATABE, Shion (IDAHO) 3-6, 6-3, 10-5
6. YANG, Claire (IDAHO) def. HASAN, Devi (WSU) 6-3, 6-2
1. PETERI, Marianna/BADILLOS, Lucia (IDAHO) def. PARKER, Sara/HERB, Caitlin (WSU) 6-3
2. BRZOZOWSKA, Jessica/TAVARES, Maria (IDAHO) def. TANNER, Emily/BEAUVAIS, Dominique (WSU) 6-2
3. WATABE, Shion/YANG, Claire (IDAHO) vs. DICKASON, Morgan/HASAN, Devi (WSU) no result